Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Floridians, for 4 days!

This past weekend Jeff and I took the twins for their long awaited vacation to Florida. I spent 4 days packing and preparing and by Thursday when it was time to leave I was already exhausted! This was our first real vacation with the twins and I was determined it was going to be awesome. From the moment we left the house in the limo the kids were full of questions and great anticipation of what was to come.

When we got to the airport the check-in was smooth and the TSA crew that took us through security were the BOMB! (sorry that is the only time that I could ever say bomb around the name TSA) They were exceedingly nice and helpful and even talked to the kids about why they were checking everyone.

The flight was just o.k. as the airline stewardess was totally clueless about what a peanut allergy even was so that was quite annoying, btw, I do really despise Delta airlines! But, once we got to Palm Beach, Fl and walked outside to feel the oh so lovely heat and thick humidity we knew we were officially on vacation!

We went swimming every day! We went to the beach and played and decided the pool was much more fun with 2 four year olds! LOL We even took a quick trip to Sawgrass Mills and did a little post birthday shopping for a well deserving Mommy! :) We went on an amphibious vehicle/boat trip which was lots of fun! My most enjoyable moment was at a place called Guanna Bannas! It was this amazing outdoor restaurant that was covered in shade by trees and nature. It was carved into an inlet and was absolutely beautiful!

Coming home, well that was a nightmare due to a stretch of a 10 hour trip home from FL to NY to IN and with toddlers who refused to nap! We had a few full blown melt downs and oh yes, Tryston learning that is hard to pee straight on a bumpy plane ride...poor guy who had to see it all! Ugh!

As crazy as all of the 4 days were, I had a smashing time with my twins. Even enjoyed some laughs with my husband as we did our favorite thing, people watch. As we arrived home Bryce was waiting eagerly to greet us! And after hearing some of the craziness was very thankful he stayed home for this first trip!

I saw a whole new side to my kids on this trip, we really did have fun and enjoy what God has created around us! He really does create all things for his pleasure! Have a great week!!!

No comments: