Thursday, June 11, 2009

The birds and bees, life as I now know it...and catching up!

I can tell you right now that I am finally catching my breath after a crazy 3 months! I am not even sure where to begin...

I had my tonsils out in March I think...I was sick and desperate to get come relief! And relief is NOT how I would explain having your tonsils out as an adult. It was horrible and painful...but that is exactly what the Dr. told me to expect. But I am better now! So that is all that matters.

Bryce turned 11 in March and the twins turned 4. That alone is still hard for me to swallow. I now have a pre-teen!!! :}

But with that said...comes the birds and the bees. This past April we sat Bryce down to explain the birds and bees...surprisingly he immediately told us that he knew what he needed to know from Yogi Bear...Um huh? You can imagine the look Jeff and I shared at that moment! Here nor there we got through 1st base and left it at there. We will pick the talk up before he heads to pre-teen camp this July. He is also starting football in the fall and we are all excited about that!! He will be a linebacker!

Bryce and I were able to share a week together in FL for his 5th grade trip to Melborne beach! It was a blast and we learned so much about each other. For a mom it was a dream come true! I too got some alone time to just hang at the beach and yes...I had my laptop with me working! I also became closer with a friend that was a nice treat!

As for the twins, Elyse is starting tap class in June and Tryston is starting gymnastics too! They are both excited! I think they are even ready for soccer in the fall...but with me in school I am not sure if we will be able to handle all of the chaos! We will see!

As for the practical yet romantic side of my life I took 5 weeks off school to sorta reconnect with my life. Working full time, school, and family really took its toll on me along with my surgeries. I am excited to report I have lost 91 lbs and still have about 40 more to go. It has not been easy but seeing how great I feel makes it all worth it!

I can tell you all that these last 3 months of my life have been a good deep soul searching for what is important in life. I am so blessed to have my husband as my best friend and those around us who love and support us. This has been a difficult time too with my mom falling ill and the uncertainty of her condition. But as always, God it good!

I promise to be more inspiring next time but sometimes life is just real and ugly! So there it is! :)

No comments: