Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Looking for the Mini ME!

Five years ago I can tell you that I was happy and healthy. Today...I am still happy but not all that healthy and that is going to change.

In 2004 we started the journey to get pregnant. Through infertility and some other issues I packed on some weight...and THEN got pregnant! Then during pregnancy packed on more weight...pick up type II diabetes...packed on more weight after the twins were born and here I am today! I am not shy to say that I put on 112 pounds since the day I met Jeff. Actually, to be even more factual...after I gave birth to Bryce (my 10 year old now) I weighed at most 120 pounds...so I was even under weight.

But...weight is not the issue. It is health! After the last 4 years of being unhealthy...I am putting my foot down. For the last year and half I have seen Dr. after Dr. to fully try to understand WHY I have packed on the weight. I know know why...and now I am tackling it head on.

On Dec 16th of this year I will undergo lap-band surgery. I have had 3 different Dr. opinions and several AH HA moments. This will not be an easy road...in fact it may even flat out suck at first. But I am ready.

Why? I am ready to be able to...play with my kids without issue, bend over without feeling like I will pass out, to feel like I look beautiful even when my husband tells me over and over again...I just want to feel healthy and beautiful.

As for support? My family is behind me 100%! I have some fantastic friends who have cheered me on this last year and half during this journey. I have plenty of respect for my Dr.. So me, myself and I are ready!

So...my goal? It took me a year and half to gain this mess...so I am shooting for 1 year to loose it. Ready! Set! GO! See you on the thinner side of life! :)

No comments: