Thursday, August 14, 2008

Buttered-Fly Kisses...Yum!

It is no secret that I have twins! And for those of you about to ask are the identical...they are girl/boy so just sit and ponder that and get back to me. LOL I have learned so many things in the last 10 years of raising kids...NONE of my kids are remotely the same. In fact, they are so different AND look nothing like me that I wonder, are they really mine? But then there are those days that they do something that is SO like you that it freaks you out!

A few nights ago I decided that we would have dinner outside. For those of you who know me well understand that I hate to clean up a mess. I have many tricks up my sleeve to keeping my house spotless (yes...I know I have issues) and one is eating outside as much as possible. Much to my amazement my kids love to eat out there too. So I made some sandwiches, corn on the cob and applesauce. I thought to myself, what a peaceful dinner! Until...IT began! IT is when the twins begin to nit-pick each other and big brother Bryce steps in to mediate. And here I sit in the middle. After 10+ minutes I had enough and made it known that THAT was the end of THAT! I got up and started clearing the table and as each of them sat there with their sad little faces I wondered what my life would be like if I were not a Mom.

As they marched in each of them "gave" me something. Elyse handed me her over buttered corn and just smile so Innocent hoping I would not see that she actually had emptied the butter dish onto her ENTIRE 1/2 cob of corn. Tryston handed me his apple sauce that a fly had dove into and told me "don't eat dat mommy, a fly is in it swimming"...uck! But then there is Bryce who just came in and smiled and gave me a kiss and offered to help clean up.

Where would our lives be without kids? I have no clue because quite frankly I can not imagine life without them!!! My kids are not my identity, but instead make me a better person for the love we share. Seriously, how could I not live without my buttered-fly kisses??? I can't! ;)

May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice! Proverbs 23:25

No comments: