Sunday, July 20, 2008

Trying to sit still!

OK, so I was hoping this would be a fun weekend. I started Friday night off by going to some scrap booking thing, which most of you know I HATE the thought of playing with paper!!! But since I organized it I decided I had better make it productive! SO I brought the last 10 years of Bryce's life and put them in an album. I left the store feeling as if I did something productive! Well, until I was pulling out of the Target parking lot and called my husband...and he seemed happy that I was happy. I mean geesh! I spent all week with 3 kids and as soon as he got off the plane I handed them over and left! LOL So after he hung up I was on cloud nine! Thinking I finally had some girl time, was able to get something done...and then R I N G....It was Jeff again, or so I thought! It was Bryce telling me that Elyse had a temp of 103 and where was the Motrin!!!

It was at that moment I began to brace myself for the weekend would now look like. I wanted a productive weekend, and instead I could see I would be sitting still all weekend. I am not sure what God meant by sit still and wait to hear from him, but I heard plenty of Eroughblugh! Just sound it out and you will understand! Within 12 hours everyone was puking! 103-105.6 temps! Oh yeah baby! Sitting still never hurt so much.

Now there is a bright side to this story, we got lots of laundry done, too bad it was all sheets and towels that merely existed due to all of this fun...oh and lots of cuddle time/ family time. :/

I think it is safe to say that we will all be ready to go to work and school tomorrow! Nevertheless, I was thankful to spend some time with my kids, even if it was holding their head/hair from dunking in the toilet! :) I know God must have a since of humor...right?

No comments: